- Pre-flight coffee / tea during setup
- Approximately 1-hour flight
- Post landing celebration drink
- Transport back to launch site (Klein Joostenberg)
- Set menu breakfast at Joostenberg Bistro.
Shuttles and transfers to and from passenger accommodation.
The Joostenberg Bistro is halaal friendly, but you are welcome to visit their website or to contact them directly for more information:
Guests will gather at the Klein Joostenberg Farm on the R304 (14km from Stellenbosch and 40km away from Cape Town CBD) early morning to prep for take-off. The flight will launch from the farm and you will be shuttled back to the farm after landing to enjoy a refreshing and filling breakfast.
No. We only do sunrise flights.
We have limited the number of passengers we allow in each flight. There are different compartments in the basket and we distribute all the passengers equally into the different compartments. Masks should be warn at all times.
Unfortunately, not. Alcohol is highly flammable. We sanitize the basket after each flight and wash it down with soap before each flight. This way we make sure it is clean and safe for our passengers before we embark.
- Comfortable clothing and flat shoes suitable for climbing in and out of the basket
- A light jacket for the early morning breeze
- NO high heels
- NO Dresses
- NO constrictive clothing
- not weigh more than 130kg
- be a minimum of 1.2m tall to see out of the basket
- be physically able to climb in and out of the basket unattended
- not have any current injuries or busy with post-operative recovery
- not climb aboard when pregnant
- should not bring along any infants
Please mention any physical limitations in the notes section during booking.
If the weather is unfavourable, the flight will be rescheduled. Refunds will be determined by the ticket you purchased. All our specials are strictly not refundable. Our refundable tickets will have a R300 per ticket non refundable cancellation fee. If you miss your flight, your will forfeit your tickets. All T&C’s apply.
- All flights are weather dependent and Ballooning Cape Town’s decision is final
- Dangerous weapons – It is illegal to carry any dangerous weapons on board. Arrangements may be made to leave them with the ground crew
- Smoking – It is illegal to smoke in or near a hot air balloon
- Weight limit is 130 per person
- No children under 12 years of age or shorter than 1.2m will be allowed onto the balloon. This is purely for their own safety.
- Rite of Passage – The pilot has the right to refuse boarding rights to any person under the influence of alcohol or any substance which could cause disruptive behaviour which could cause discomfort to other passengers
- Refunds – If and when a flight is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions and the passengers are not able to reschedule their flight to an alternative date a refund will be paid within 21 days of the request. All refunds carry a R300 per ticket non-refundable admin fee.
- 48 Hour Cancellation Policy – If a passenger cancels their flight 48 hours before take-off, 50% of the total amount will be refunded only with a valid reason for the cancellation. If passenger cancels 24hours prior to take-off no refund will be awarded.
- No Shows are non-refundable and passengers will forfeit their tickets.
- We regrettably do not permit pregnant women to fly.
- All tickets are valid for 12 months from purchase
- Tickets bought through special promotions are strictly non-refundable
- By accepting this e-ticket / boarding pass, I understand that I am embarking on this balloon flight entirely at my own risk. I understand and have thoroughly assessed the risk and extent of personal injury to myself and have satisfied myself that Ballooning Cape Town, its personnel and aircraft are competent and capable of undertaking this hot air balloon flight.
- I acknowledge that the balloon and related equipment has been given a pre-flight check and that all is in order. I understand that winds can pick up during flight and make for an uncomfortable landing;
- In the event of any distress or injury to myself during the course of the flight and / or return to place of departure, I hereby waive all rights to claim compensation against Hot Air Ballooning SA T/A Ballooning Cape Town and / or its personnel. Your safety is of utmost importance to us. Please be aware of and comply with your captain’s instructions at all times.
- Passengers are required to sign an indemnity document at the launch site.
- Ballooning Cape Town is a licensed and insured operator. ASL category A4 N1 Class II N807D Class III G808D