- Pre-flight coffee / tea during setup
- Approximately 1-hour flight
- Post landing celebration drink
- Transport back to launch site (Klein Joostenberg)
- Set menu breakfast at Joostenberg Bistro.
Shuttles and transfers to and from passenger accommodation.
Driving from Cape Town on the N1 towards Paarl take Exit 39 R304 (Klipheuwel, Stellenbosch) Turn right towards Stellenbosch. After 800meters the entrance is on the left.
Google Maps Link:
Due to weather conditions we can only fly at sunrise. The meeting time be impacted by all weather conditions and therefore we can only confirm the meeting time on the day before your flight. Be ready for a very early morning.
No. We only do sunrise flights.
The only discounts that will be awarded will be our advertised specials. No special rates will be privately awarded.
We have very specific restrictions on children. They need to be at least 1.2meter tall so they can see over the edge of the basket. As you can very well imagine it is extremely dangerous to pick a child up at 2000 feet high. We also need them to be at least 10 years old so they can fully appreciate and grasp this big piece of moving material that can be a bit overwhelming to some children. Please understand that these restrictions are for everyone's safety. Should a child find the balloon in its entirety to be a bit overwhelming and you or the pilot decide to keep the child on the ground no refund will be awarded.
- Comfortable clothing and flat shoes suitable for climbing in and out of the basket
- A light jacket for the early morning breeze
- NO high heels
- NO Dresses
- NO constrictive clothing
- not weigh more than 130kg
- be a minimum of 1.2m tall to see out of the basket
- be physically able to climb in and out of the basket unattended
- not have any current injuries or busy with post-operative recovery
- not climb aboard when pregnant
- should not bring along any infants
Please mention any physical limitations in the notes section during booking.
Kindly note that we do not offer any transport or pick-up shuttle services.
If the weather is unfavourable, the flight will be rescheduled. Refunds will be determined by the ticket you purchased. All our specials are strictly not refundable. Our refundable tickets will have a R300 per ticket non refundable cancellation fee depending on the type of ticket you purchased. If you miss your flight, your will forfeit your tickets. No exceptions. All T&C’s apply.
- All flights are weather dependent and Ballooning Cape Town’s decision is final.
- Dangerous weapons – It is illegal to carry any dangerous weapons on board. Arrangements may be made to leave them with the ground crew.
- Smoking – It is illegal to smoke in or near a hot air balloon.
- Weight limit is 130kg per person.
- No children under 10 years of age or shorter than 1.2m will be allowed onto the balloon. This is purely for their own safety.
- Rite of Passage – The pilot has the right to refuse boarding rights to any person under the influence of alcohol or any substance which could cause disruptive behaviour which could cause discomfort to other passengers.
- Refunds – If and when a flight is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions and the passengers are not able to reschedule their flight to an alternative date a refund will be paid within 21 working days of the request.
- If flight is cancelled before the scheduled flight date and tickets were purchased on our website a cancellation fee of R300 per person will be charged to cover the transaction costs.
- International refunds have a R300 per ticket cancellation fee
- If flight is cancelled before the scheduled flight date and tickets were purchased and paid for via EFT there will be a R50 per person cancellation fee to cover administrative costs.
- If flight is cancelled on site due to inaccurate weather forecasts a cancellation fee of R300 per person will be charged regardless of the manner the tickets were purchased to cover operational costs.
- 48 Hour Cancellation Policy – If a passenger cancels their flight 48 hours before take-off, 50% of the total amount will be refunded only with a valid reason for the cancellation. If passenger cancels 24hours prior to take-off no refund will be awarded.
- Tickets older than 12 months are not refundable.
- If you missed your flight, there will be a 20% penalty fee to reschedule your flight.
- We regrettably do not permit pregnant women to fly.
- All tickets are valid for 12 months from purchase
- By accepting this e-ticket / boarding pass, I understand that I am embarking on this balloon flight entirely at my own risk. I understand and have thoroughly assessed the risk and extent of personal injury to myself and have satisfied myself that Ballooning Cape Town, its personnel and aircraft are competent and capable of undertaking this hot air balloon flight.
- I acknowledge that the balloon and related equipment has been given a pre-flight check and that all is in order. I understand that winds can pick up during flight and make for an uncomfortable landing;
- In the event of any distress or injury to myself during the course of the flight and / or return to place of departure, I hereby waive all rights to claim compensation against Hot Air Ballooning SA and Ballooning Cape Town and / or its personnel. Your safety is of utmost importance to us. Please be aware of and comply with your captain’s instructions at all times.
- Passengers are required to sign an indemnity document at the launch site.
- Ballooning Cape Town is a licensed and insured operator. ASL category A4 N1 Class II N807D Class III G808D